Here are some of my goals for 2012:
* Write this blog on which I explore finding, having and sharing more joy– the blog is in the first stages. I’ve been having so much fun thinking about this concept and I hope you will continue to check it out and leave comments so I don’t feel so alone out here in blog land. Be expecting a lot of yoga and healthy baby talk on this blog as these are the things that bring me the most joy. Amazing that just a year ago I was 6 months pregnant with baby Grace and now I she is 9 months old and brings me more joy than I could ever imagine!
* Read good books – I really love reading. Really excited about the books on my list this year. Good, good stuff. I hope you’ll join in whether you read something on my own reading list or not.
* Manage my time better – The days are passing me by. Grace will soon be 1! I want to make more time for just hanging with my peeps this year. And that means spending less time stressing about all the things I’m NOT doing.
* Get healthier – The main way I can see myself doing this is to cook healthy meals. Hoping that you will share tips if you like to cook. I am eager to get into the kitchen and really learn how to make 15-20 meals. I’d also like to start cooking meals for Grace more. Maybe even once a week.
* Stop biting my nails- this has been my number one new years resolution for as long as I can remember and I haven’t been able to break the habit. UNTIL NOW! I’ll be posting pictures of my nails here in hopes that you will help keep me accountable. YIKES- I’m scared.
* Enjoy more down-time with my husband and baby – Can we ever have enough? Last year hubs and I started taking weekly date nights, most weeks. Wow! How fun! I’m hoping to continue this practice as well as work in monthly “dates” with my mommy friends, too.
* Dream a big dream. Not sure what this will be. But, it’s coming. I can feel it.
* Do something more with our photos – In One Bite at a Time, Tsh talks about some simple ways to store photos. Gonna see what I can do about that in the new year. Gracie still doesn’t have a baby book, so I do want to do something about that, too. And I’ll keep posting photos here.
* Dejunk and reorganize – It seems to be an ongoing challenge to keep clutter at bay. I’m going to start zone defense in the next couple weeks. Stay tuned (because organizing brings me lots of joy!) for a play by play schedule of dejunking and organizing my home. You’re welcome to join me in the Campaign against Clutter.
* Budget! – We don’t have big dreams of yachts, private islands or any extravagant retirement. But, we also know that it is important to know where our money is going. So, we’re trying to navigate these waters of managing our money. More on that in the months to come, I’m sure.
* Give more – I think this is going to be part of our big dream. But, I’m not quite sure yet what this will look like.
* Go to church every other Sunday (on the Sundays I don’t go to church I will go to the farmer’s market.) I don’t think that skipping church is a sin, like some people do (I didn’t grow up with religion or going to church), but I do think it is easier to be the person I want to be (a joyful person), if I am doing something on a regular basis to connect to Spirit.
* I also love going to yoga regularly. I love the ritual and the way my body and soul feel afterwards. Fortunately, we have a babysitter come several times a week so I can make time for my yoga classes. When Grace was first born and before the babysitter it was either nap time or pump time so now I can add yoga to my time management goal. And my husband and I love doing yoga together. Since he works so much, I always love family yoga and appreciate that he takes the time to tend to his own spirit in my company.
* Meditate. I plan to do this everyday while pumping 🙂