My first joy mission (and I choose to accept it!) involves putting away all my lovely new clothes that I got for Christmas. The problem is I already have soooo many clothes so I’ve decided that it is time to purge.
This week I will be spending at least an hour cleaning out my closet. (Today seems like a good day to start- maybe Grace will miraculously sleep for that hour!)
Here is the game plan:
1. pick up clothes on the floor (see picture) and fold laundry fresh out of the laundry
2. sort through my clothes, shoes, and accessories and put them into these categories:
• Keep- clothing, shoes, and accessories that fit and flatter me
• Trash- torn or stained items that are unwearable
• Donations- for charity
• Give to Friends (anyone want to make any claims?)- items I would like someone special to have
• Alterations & Repairs- items that can be worn again with a little help. (I don’t sew so these’ll go to the dry cleaners)
• Consignment- items I’d like to sell instead of donate
• Seasonal- items that need to be stored for another season
• Elsewhere- unrelated items that belong somewhere else and need to
be put away.
My mom got me these cool hangers for Christmas. They are actually what inspired the project.
Check back soon to see if I accomplished my mission.