I am choosing to take this 40 day journey for several reasons:
- June 21st is the Solstice, which gives me plenty of time to write my first post about day #1.
- Monday, July 30th will be our last day on the journey. And a few days later we leave for Austin, Texas where I am in my best friend’s wedding. It will be Grace’s first plane ride so this 40 day journey will be good practice.
- Jesus spent 40 days and 40 nights in solitude, fasting and praying to prepare himself to do God’s work. (I will not be in solitude nor will I be fasting during these 40 days. Praying- probably!)
- In numerology 40 symbolizes death with oneself and spiritual rebirth.
- Judaism teaches that the soul enters the embryo after 40 days. (No embryos will be “soulinated” (I made that word up) during these 40 days, at least not in MY body!
- Buddha meditated for 40 days under the Bodhi tree.
- Cells take 40 days to renew themselves
- In yoga it is said that it takes 40 days to drop and old habit and another 40 days to make a new one.