Today, I’d like to take a little poll. If you have a free 2 minutes please take the time to answer the questions.
I’m thinking about bringing some yoga to this little journey of ours. Sometimes simple stretches and movements can totally change my state of mind. But if it’s a little too “woo woo” I can leave it out. Let me know, in the comments section, if you would be interested in doing some yoga.
Here, let’s try a simple exercise that you can do right now. You can even use the chair you are sitting in.
Chair Lower Back Stretch
1. Standing very close to the chair, place your hands on the top of the back of the chair at waist height, shoulder distance apart.
2. Walk back until your torso is perpendicular to the chair and your legs are directly under your hips.
3. Extend your arms by firmly pressing your hands into the chair, as though you want to topple it.
4. Extend your spine to its maximum length, and work on straightening your knees and elbows.
5. Hold for 30 to 45 seconds. To release the stretch, step toward the chair.
How do you feel?! Notice your sensations in the stretch- sight, smell, sound, taste, and feelings. Oh, and intuition!