1. How many days this week did you do your morning pages? 7!!!
How was the experience for you? For me, it was truly magical. Morning pages is one of my favorite things about the Artist’s Way. I am a regular journaler, but often don’t do a full 3 pages. Some of the days I was dragging my feet, literally writing, “I don’t know what to write next…” but most days I was amazed at how much a had to say. It’s like therapy- in my own handwriting
2. Did you do your artist date this week? GLADLY
What did you do? I went window shopping, by myself (sans, whiny two year old) and had so much fun, but didn’t spend a penny.
How did it feel? Glorious! Sometimes you just need to be told to do something for yourself by someone you respect. JC is that for me. No not THAT JC, the other one. Well that one too. OK, never mind!
3. Were there any issues this week that you consider significant for your recovery? Hmmm, yes! And I feel a little shy about sharing this, but because I am asking YOU to be vulnerable…. I had a really hard time coming up with three champions of my creative self-worth. One came to mind easily. I had to do some MAJOR searching to come up with a second. And the third has yet to be found. That’s really sad to me. And a little confusing because I grew up surrounded by so many creative people. I just didn’t feel like I was encouraged to be creative. This is good information for me because I want Grace to easily be able to come up with 3+ creative champions and I want to be one of them.
Now, It’s your turn. Please share your experience’s in the comments section below.
- The Morning Pages (shiptheocean.wordpress.com)
- Your Creative Intentions: The Monday Post ~ August 5, 2013 (studiomothers.com)